Code of Conduct
Free Range Pumpkins offer a wide variety of games and play opportunities that are enjoyed for social interactions, complex strategies, entertaining characters, and an overall atmosphere of friendly competition. While the objective of many of our events is to determine the skill level of each player involved, our ultimate goal is to ensure that every participant, spectator and customer has fun in a safe and pleasant setting. It is this attitude that Free Range Pumpkins wishes to emphasize at all of our events. Regardless of the size of any prizes, adherence to the Free Range Pumpkins’ Code of Conduct helps to ensure that all participants, including players, spectators, and event staff at our stores and the events we host, have an enjoyable experience. Free Range Pumpkins reserves the right to ask you to leave and may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events should you violate any portion of the Free Range Pumpkins’ Code of Conduct.
Free Range Pumpkins Code of Conduct
All staff, players, spectators, customers, and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a way that ensures all participants, customers, spectators, and staff enjoy themselves as much as possible. If your conduct makes it not fun for anyone else to participate, observe, shop, or be at a Free Range Pumpkins store or event, it is not allowed.
Free Range Pumpkins reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time and may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events should you violate any portion of the Free Range Pumpkins’ Code of Conduct.
The following are not tolerated:
- Abusive Language – this will not be tolerated in the store. You may be expelled from any event without prizes at the sole discretion of Free Range Pumpkins staff for any derogatory, abusive, or foul language.
- Bullying – including hazing, discriminatory or derogatory language, comments or activities will not be tolerated at any level.
- Theft – of any property is not tolerated and will result in a call to local law enforcement and permanently banned from Free Range Pumpkins.
- Drugs or Alcohol – in or out of your person. Anyone caught with illegal drugs at a Free Range Pumpkins event including parking lots at Free Range Pumpkins events may receive a life-time ban on the first offense without warning.
- Weapons –We don’t like weapons, so please don’t bring them into Free Range Pumpkins.
The following are expected from all players, customers, spectators and staff:
- Respect: Players, spectators, customers, staff and property should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves and their property. Distracting an opponent or a judge to gain advantage shows disrespect to everyone involved in an event.
- Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. A player should prefer to lose a game than to win by cheating.
- Taking advantage of inexperienced players, other customers or Free Range Pumpkins’ events and venues for personal gain through trades or promotion of competing businesses is not fair and will not be tolerated.
- All decisions of the judge are final. Store employees have no influence on the decisions of the judge.
- Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly while playing that game. If a player inadvertently breaks a rule during a game and becomes aware of the error before his or her opponent or a judge, that player should make the opponent and the judge aware of the misplay.
- Observing an illegal activity and not reporting it immediately to Free Range Pumpkins Staff is a violation of the Free Range Pumpkins’ Code of Conduct. We ask that you tell us about any illegal activities involving actions in our stores or at our events. Observing illegal activity and not reporting it makes you an accessory to the crime.
- Theft is disrespectful of personal property and will not be tolerated at any level. Free Range Pumpkins reserves the right to search any container, bag, package, case, or items at any time for in our venues or at any event we host, run or participate in. Large bags, purses or backpacks may be asked to be left at the register while you shop or kept in the gaming area.
- Please arrive on time for events. Keeping an entire tournament waiting for you is disrespectful. If you are going to be late or unable to attend, please contact us.
- Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of any game. The desire to continue playing a game can be soured by players that berate their opponents after winning or losing a match. Demeaning, disrespectful comments, or actions before, during or after a game indicate poor sportsmanship and will not be tolerated.
- Children under the age of 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times.
At the end of the day we want all participants, spectators, customers and staff to have had a fun and enjoyable experience. Thank you for following the Free Range Pumpkins’ Code of Conduct to make this possible.