This is a pre-loved item.
A Gazetteer about Orcs?
Absolutely. And hobgoblins, kobolds, bugbears, gnolls, trolls, goblins, and more! If you think the only good orc is a dead orc, you're in for a surprise. Orcs (and the other humanoids) are more than just anonymous hordes to be slaughtered for easy experience points - they are creatures with personality, culture, likes and dislikes, and a point of view. Find out all about them in The Orcs of Thar.
The Orcs of Thar is the tenth in a series of Gazetteers for the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game system. It gives you a comprehensive, in-depth look at the orcs and their world, including:
* Orcs and other humanoids as player characters!
[Players can run humanoid characters, including kobolds, goblins, orcs, hobgoblins, gnolls, bugbears, ogres, and trolls. The last two, for purposes of game balance, begin play as pre-adults: Ogres are Youngsters with 2d8+1 Hit dice, and Trolls are Whelps with 3d8+1 HD. -Wayne]
* A large full-color map of Thar, home of the orcs
* Complete rules for humanoid spell-casters
* The King of the Orcs, and why you don't want to run into him
* Seperate DM and Player's Booklets
* Orc Wars, a complete boardgame, also included!"
1988 ... Bruce Heard ... 48 pages (x2) + large folded sheet of counters + fold-out map ... TSR 9241 ... ISBN 0880386231