The Gaean Reach Rpg: Core Rules
Quandos Vorn Must Die!
In an impossibly distant future, our species has dispersed to the stars. Traveling in slender spacecraft, armed with projacs and needle guns, we have settled countless worlds. Cultures are everywhere different, yet propelled in the end by fundamental qualities humankind cannot shed: greed, egoism, pettiness, and a crippling passion for procedure.
Across the vastness of the Oikumene a few individuals of exceptional infamy project their lust for power. Fear of their names spreads from planet to planet like a cancer.
None of these evokes greater loathing and terror than the world-spanning criminal mastermind Quandos Vorn.
Quandos Vorn. Who you have sworn to kill.
The Gaean Reach, the Roleplaying Game of Interstellar Vengeance, brings to your tabletop the legendary cycle of science fiction classics by the great Jack Vance.
- An ingenious hybrid, it fuses the investigative clarity of the GUMSHOE system with the lethal wit of the Dying Earth Roleplaying Game.
- Designed by the master of both systems, Robin D. Laws.
- Quick and elegant character generation launches you into play at the speed of an intersplit drive.
- Fun and collaborative series setup allows your group to define just who Quandos Vorn is, what unspeakable things he did to merit their vengeance, and why bringing him down presents them with the challenge of a lifetime.
- Limpid GM advice gives you the tools you need to game out the elegant schemes and sinister counter-schemes of Vancian SF.
- Full introductory scenario vibrates with the lushness of an unspoiled yet predatory ecosystem, entomological espionage, and the wrath of a monstrous algal deity.
Do not succumb to wistful visions. Every moment you hesitate to purchase this essential exemplar of the roleplaying art, Quandos Vorn gains time to strengthen his hand against you. Buy now, read with relish, and embark on your mission forthwith!